Monday, February 21, 2011

Alcohol in the news; Leinenkugel

From the Buzz

Leinenkugel: A good price for these good beers

Leinenkugel is a phenomenal brewing company that I have thus far neglected due to its commercial availability; however, I was feeling like a spring time beer in this cold, cold, icy weather. So I turned to their spring sampler pack which is twelve beers for about thirteen bucks. Good deal, I say!
...

The 1888 Bock is their seasonal spring beer and was by far my favorite of the pack. Maybe it was the single digit temperature or the “slick as rick” ice covering the streets of our sweet city but this beer warmed me up but just enough to endure the frigid winds. The 1888 Bock is a bold beer with drinkable qualities, a good aroma and a smooth finish; there is no doubt that this beer rings in the spring with its strong foot forward. This one’s only being made until March so get ‘em while they’re hot! Though not really, no one likes warm beer. Speaking of which, it is suggested to be drank at a solid 48 degrees on the F scale. Not too sure how many people put thermometers in their beer but if you are the type to look for perfection, well, go out and get one!
I've put a thermometer in a beer.

1888 Bock is ok, but it's leaving town. If you want to get one on draft, you'll have to hurry. It's currently being replaced throughout CU by Summer Shandy. I'm sure bottles of it are still available at most beer stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment