Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Alcohol in the news: Prichard's Double Barrel

From the Buzz

Prichard's Double Barrel

Another good whiskey article by Jeanine Russell.

Prichard’s Double Barrel is one of the more interesting whiskeys I’ve encountered. It’s interesting because of the flavor, the aging process, and its classification and what it says about how we classify whiskeys.

The bottle says it’s a bourbon, and I think that the formal laws on the matter allow it. At Seven Saints, I tried it on American/micro-brew night because it’s on that part of the drink menu. It’s distilled in Kelso, Tenn., but it has a lot of bourbon flavors, and it is barreled like a bourbon. I’ll let you decide what to call it, but American seems like a safe bet depending on how strictly you feel about bourbons being from Kentucky rather than about the process of making it.

...

I love drinking this whiskey. It does not do cinnamon flavor, rye flavor or oak barreling flavor best of all, but I still like it all put together. It does not stand out, but it somehow creates a drink I enjoy immensely.




No comments:

Post a Comment