Friday, January 21, 2011

Alcohol in the news; CU prepares for biggest sporting event in Chicago history

From the Daily Illini

Champaign-Urbana prepares for 'biggest sporting event in Chicago history'


“It’s the biggest sporting event in Chicago history,” said Tim Norris, director for marketing for Firehaus, 708 South Sixth St., and The Clybourne, 706 South 6th St. “I know it’s the biggest home game of the Super Bowl era in Chicago.”
...

Many of the local businesses, particularly sports bars, will offer specials, increase staff and extend hours to be open for the game.

Ryan Block, general manager of Murphy’s Pub, 604 East Green St., said he is anticipating increased business Sunday and will be adding additional staff to account for it.

“It will be like if the Bears and Packers were playing in the Super Bowl,” Block said. “Since the majority of the students here at the U of I are Chicago natives, I think it will be a big draw.”

I'll be at Hooters for the start of the game, then I'm bartending at Radio Maria starting at 3, so come regale me with stories of how someone won or lost after wards.




No comments:

Post a Comment